Progressive 501c(4) and Super PAC seeks Florida Regional Press Secretary to develop and implement aggressive communications strategy with state and local media. This position offers strategic guidance as well as planning and implementing long and short-term traditional and digital communications campaigns in state.
For Our Future does things differently. We are committed to helping community partners build their own communications capacity and to seek new and innovative ways to use social media to cultivate community-based progressive voices, arm them with compelling content, and train them to be effective communicators.
For Our Future Florida is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
REGIONAL PRESS SECRETARY
The regional press secretary will work with the state communications director to accomplish the following:
- Proactively identify earned media opportunities to promote activities and policy positions from FOF and partners in targeted media markets.
- Plan and execute earned media activities in markets of responsibility. This includes scouting and securing locations, securing and preparing participants, notifying press of events and any other logistics association with the earned media activities.
- Contact press outlets in markets of responsibility to inform, invite and pitch earned media activities and releases.
- Schedule interviews for surrogates who visit the markets of responsibility.
- Maintain press contact list for markets of responsibility.
- Monitor local press for stories of interest to FOF and for coverage of earned media events.
- Develop and secure signatories for Letters to the Editor, blog postings and op-ed pieces.
- Build and maintain network of local spokespersons for participation in earned media events and to act as spokespersons for specific story needs.
- Prepare weekly reports for the communications director
- Other duties as assigned.
The regional press secretary will be supervised by the communications director and will be expected to work from the FOF headquarters in their respective market. All releases and press notifications must be approved by the communications director before released to the press or public along with any additional stakeholders as the situation may require, and all contact with members of the working press to the communications director on a daily basis.