Floridians for a Fair Democracy (FFD), a nonpartisan issue campaign working toward voting restoration in Florida, is seeking an individual to join our team as a full-time staff person to manage our data and targeting needs around voter contact and volunteer engagement for the 2018 election cycle.
FFD Second Chances Florida campaign seeks a highly motivated, talented and dynamic individual to serve as a Data & Targeting Manager. The Data & Targeting Manager will join a team of experienced campaigners dedicated to leveraging technology to run volunteer-led issue awareness and civic engagement campaigns. The Data & Targeting Manager will use consumer and civic engagement software – VAN, Action Network, Every Action, and more – to manage the campaign’s data needs for the volunteer and voter engagement program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data and Targeting Manager must have experience and a strong understanding of campaigning, maintaining volunteer databases, phone banking, texting and canvassing. Additionally, the candidate must be able to:
- Generate, manage and track voter and volunteer lists for programs, including mailings, digital outreach, canvasses and phone banks, in a fast-paced campaign setting.
- Conduct voter targeting and analysis with an emphasis on the application of demographic and geographic factors.
- Serve as the main point of contact for campaign voter engagement team and data leads of coalition partner organizations with questions about voter files and targeting.
- Manage data requests, and aggressively collect and organize data from campaign staff and coalition partners.
- Explore and devise opportunities to test and measure the impact of all of our programs
- Work across departments to synchronize data.
- Assist with integrating data best practices into programs, including providing guidance with database structure, data syncs across databases and training campaign staff and volunteers.
- Put together regular program reports.
- Clean data and prepare lists for the database(s).
- Maintain records describing the quality and quantity of data assets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution of higher learning preferred, or equivalent job-related work experience required.
- At least five years of experience on either issue or electoral campaigns focused on voter contact, data management, experimentation and targeting. Must have experience with utilizing modeling in a campaign setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong data management skills; able to handle multiple projects simultaneously; proficient with VAN, and other data management tools.
- Understanding of and commitment to testing and running metric-based programs.
- Strong understanding of strategic use of data; ability to collaborate well with others.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work.
- Ability to communicate effectively about complex topics.
- Ability to translate analysis into a digestible and actionable format.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “FFD Data & Targeting Manager.”