Progressive 501c(4) and Super PAC seeks Florida Spanish Language Press Secretary to develop and implement aggressive communications strategy with state and local media, with a focus on Spanish-language press. This position offers strategic guidance as well as planning and implementing long and short-term traditional and digital communications campaigns in state.
For Our Future does things differently. We are committed to helping community partners build their own communications capacity and to seek new and innovative ways to use social media to cultivate community-based progressive voices, arm them with compelling content, and train them to be effective communicators.
For Our Future Florida is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
Spanish Language Press Secretary
The Spanish Language Press Secretary will work with the state communications director to accomplish the following:
- Proactively identify earned media opportunities to promote activities and policy positions from FOF and partners with non-English dominate press across multiple media markets.
- Plan and execute earned media activities including scouting and securing locations, securing and preparing participants, notifying press of events and any other logistics association with the earned media activities.
- Contact press outlets to inform, invite and pitch earned media activities and releases.
- Schedule interviews for surrogates who are appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate press contact lists for the state.
- Monitor press for stories of interest to FOF and for coverage of earned media events.
- Develop and secure signatories for Letters to the Editor, blog postings and op-ed pieces.
- Build and maintain network of spokespersons for participation in earned media events and act as spokespersons for specific story needs.
- Provide translation of press materials for use by specialty press.
- Be the spokesperson of record to non-English dominate press outlets.
- Prepare weekly reports for the communications director
- Other duties as assigned.
The Spanish Language Secretary will be supervised by the communications director and will be expected to work from FOF headquarters. All releases and press notifications must be approved by the communications director before released to the press or public along with any additional stakeholders as the situation may require, and all contact with members of the working press to the communications director on a daily basis.