Organize Now is a community-based, nonprofit member organization of low- and moderate-income people dedicated to the principles of social, racial & economic justice and the promotion of an equal and fair Florida for all.
The Florida Institute for Reform and Empowerment (F.I.R.E.) is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low and moderate income Floridians to be leaders in their communities. F.I.R.E. is the issue education and civic engagement arm of Organize Now.
Organize Now and FIRE seek a highly motivated, talented, and dynamic individual to serve as Accounting Manager to the CFO. Along with the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Manager is responsible for a range of general accounting and bookkeeping functions. In addition, the Accounting Manager will fill in for the CFO, as needed.
- Create budgets & cash flow forecast
- Assist in month end reporting procedures
- Process accounts payables and receivables, as needed
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks for contract vendor
- Manage healthcare for contract vendor
- Report to corporate offices monthly expense report for three cities
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices
- Maintain vendor & HR files; issue 1099 at the end of the year
- A comprehensive understanding of how to create and manage budgets
- Proficient at reading financial reports; ability to perform cash flow analysis
- Advanced knowledge of excel; proficient in Microsoft Access
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a customer service orientation
- Must be Quickbooks proficient
- Strong attention to detail; able to work on a collaborative team
Send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to OrganizeNowHiring@gmail.com with subject: Accounting Manager. No phone calls please. A competitive salary will be offered, with a benefits package that includes health insurance, seniority raises, paid vacation and paid time off. Organize Now is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ strongly urged to apply.