About Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a state based collaboration (“Table”) formed to improve long-term coordination and communication among nonprofit, socially responsible civic engagement organizations in Florida. The Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table’s nonpartisan mission is to engage underrepresented and socially responsible voters in the democratic process and to establish collective action around common issue areas. Those issue areas include voting rights, quality and affordable health care, economic justice, civil rights, improving public education, and more.
Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a fiscally sponsored project of State Voices, a national network that encompasses nonpartisan civic engagement tables in 20 states.
Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table seeks a talented leader with a record of success leading, facilitating, and supporting program to serve as a full-time Field and Advocacy Manager. This position will serve as a counterpart to our current Field and Advocacy Manager.
This new Field and Advocacy Manager will work directly with our emerging capacity and volunteer-based organizations to build their organizational capacity, cultivate a strong field program that integrates into our statewide plan, and provide support to developing staff members. This Field and Advocacy Manager will also drive issue-based campaigns for the network working with partner organizations to implement. A specific long-term project for this role will include organizing a statewide strategy around the 2020 census. This position reports to the Florida Executive Director.
The work will be centered on organizations serving and led by people of color, with a focus on the Asian American community. We seek a qualified candidate with strong coalition, facilitation, and interpersonal relationship skills who will work as part of a team in a fast-paced organization.
- Work with partner organizations to implement field and issue-based campaign plans.
- Provide training and materials for network organizers and volunteers to build capacity, performance, and professionalism.
- Provide reports detailing capacity, execution, and gaps in coalition partner field work.
- Work with Data and Targeting Manager to ensure universes and programs are accurately administered and implemented.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- 3-4 years of experience in labor, political or community organizing and political campaigns preferred. Field organizing experience required.
- Experience working with coalitions and managing partner relationships.
- Collaborative nature, able to work well with many different personalities.
- Commitment to the goals of the table, including civic engagement and economic and social justice and racial equity.
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience working with and training volunteers on field techniques.
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities preferred.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work in teams and independently without need for micromanaging.
- Ability to be detail oriented, set goals, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Internet organizing, and social media.
- Ability to travel regularly within Florida and some national travel.
Location: South Florida (Palm Beach, Broward, or Miami-Dade County)
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package including medical, vision, dental, 401(k), and more.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, at least three professional references, writing samples, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 25, 2017 at 5:00 PM ET. Please indicate “FL F&A Mgr” in the email subject line.
About State Voices
State Voices is helping create a fair and just society in America by making our democracy more accessible, inclusive, and representative. Our network of nonpartisan, state-based coalitions works with hundreds of grassroots organizations to break down barriers to civic participation, restore confidence in government, and bring historically marginalized populations - and their issues - to the center of public discourse. Both nationally and in the states, we are building a community of collaboration, innovation, and equity that amplifies the impact of our partners. Since 2008, State Voices has been a national leader in nonpartisan civic engagement. We employ the principles of collective impact, unifying change agents from different sectors around common goals to strengthen our democracy, building the capacity of partners with shared resources, and amplifying the voices of the underrepresented. We work in states to strengthen grassroots efforts by making efficient use of limited resources, promoting best practices, and achieving solutions no one group could achieve on its own.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 20 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations in the following states: Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and California through the San Diego Metropolitan Area table. We also train and support an additional 214 partner groups in at-large states through our Tools For All Program.
State Voices provides the organizations in our network with the tools and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy. We advance this work through three (3) national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census, redistricting and “clean elections”). For more information about State Voices, please visit www.statevoices.org.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at State Voices, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.